Saturday, August 9, 2014

From the best day of my life, to the worst in the blink of an eye.

The day I found out I was pregnant was one of the happiest days of my life, I cannot even express in words the happiness that took over my entire body. My husband and I were going to be PARENTS. Our family was just as happy for us... Unfortunately, October 2, 2013 I woke up very early with extreme back pain, and horrible cramps. I went to the bathroom and started bleeding. I knew what was happening but I did not want to believe that it was really happening. I arrived at the hospital and doctors rushed me in to be examined. Test after test, ultrasounds and pelvic exams the doctor left, only to come back and tell me that this nightmare was real, tears running down my face. I had a miscarriage. A piece of me died that morning. 

The me that was overwhelmed with happiness had now become filled with sadness. Such a dark, empty feeling. I was hollow. Months went by and I couldn't help but to wonder what our baby would have looked like, what it would of been like to hold our baby for the first time, who's eyes, hair, lips would our baby of had? And so on.... As what would of been my due date got closer and closer I grew sadder and sadder knowing we wouldn't be bringing home our beautiful baby that day. 

The physical pain I experienced that morning was borderline unbareable, but it went away... The emotional pain however, I feel I will always carry that pain within myself. 

With the support of my family, friends and my husband I am doing much better. 

It's almost been a year, and recently my husband and I have started trying to get pregnant again. We have the upmost faith within our hearts that our time will come, hopefully soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment